Commercial Break on Cape Cod


Henri Cartier-Bresson and Minor White inspired me. From their work, I learned a vital aspect of slow photography. It takes patience.

Stand in one place. Watch. As the scene flows past, begin to photograph. It may take minutes or hours for your visual mind to organize the elements into an image that works.

On Cape Cod, in Provincetown Mass, Commercial street is a busy place. Watching the pass, I stood opposite Shop Therapy. After moving towards and away from the store, I made this single image. Later on I divided the single frame into a triptych for printing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Photography #83 Exploring the Shrimp Hole

Slow Photography #84: Serve and Return ~Jimmy Connors and Fast Kodak Film

Slow Photography #51 Color, Dance and Energy at Bahamas Junkanoo